What is This Training all About?
– It is a programme driven by our vision and mission statement supported by L. E . A .R .N™
– A programme suitable for persons with passion not only in advancing ito nursing career ,but also into project administration and management
– A programme whose goals are to identify, plan ,implement and evaluate community development projects eg primary health care projects
– An HWSETA accredited one year training programme
– A programme that enables one to acquire the roles and responsibilities of being a health provider, health promoter, and health networker
BENEFITS OF OF TRAINING IN THIS COURSE
– A HEALTH AND WELFARE SECTOR EDUCATION TRAINING AUTHORITY accredited course
– A SOUTH AFRICAN QUALIFICATION AUTHORITY approved course
– Aims at empowering the learner with skills to facilitate in the planning ,implementation of the health care project within any organisation be it NGO,NPO, Government projects ,cooperatives ,small enterprise projects.
– Research based and supervised -directed learning with lots of mentor support
– Empowers one to conduct specialised primary health care tasks such as counselling and advocacy to improve health in the community through preventive care , palliative care and community based home care ,frail care , referral, community researcher , community advocate, health promoter ,health coordinator ,community outreach, identify health care resources.
– Coordinate the access of other health needs and disseminate health information by transferring wellness skills to other community members.
– Capacity building –learner will be expected to select a project from their community conduct a thorough research and be summatively assessed on its implementation , successes, failures of the project
– Be able to refer community members to other sectors beyond the scope of the learners work by identifying communities in need, addressing needs of child headed households, and refer to relevant social services. So as to maximise efficiency.